Oct. 12 panel discussion includes vets, state and WVU leaders
A lunchtime panel discussion on veterans' issues will be held at WVU Oct. 12, moderated by moderated by Dr. Sandra "Sam" Cotton of the WVU School of Nursing. The discussion starts at 12 noon in the Fukushima Auditorium at the Health Sciences Center.
The main themes to be covered: Who are veterans, how are we welcoming them? How are we doing and what “should” we be doing to welcome vets? What are key resources for veterans and their families re employment, healthcare and community support?
- Dr. Gina Maiocco, WVU School of Nursing
- West Virginia Agriculture Commissioner Kent Leonhardt, Vets to Famers Project
- Brett Simpson, Operation Welcome Home
- Samantha Blevins, Morgantown Vet Center
- Delegate Barbara Fleischauer
- WVU Veterans
- Dr. Tom Sura, Green Zone Dialogue at WVU
The event is a part of WVU Diversity Week.