Each year, the Office of Admissions coordinates representation at high school scholarship award ceremonies throughout the state of West Virginia.
This endeavor reflects our land-grant mission and the efforts were incredibly successful last year. Volunteers attended nearly 100 ceremonies and recognized achievements of over 1000 future Mountaineers.
If you are interested in attending award ceremonies, please find important information below:
- You will receive a script to use during your presentation as well as certificates for each ceremony you register to attend.
- It is important that the person listed for the ceremony is the representative who plans to attend. Please do not register for a ceremony on another representative’s behalf.
- If you are interested in presenting scholarship certificates at a high school, please sign up online. Volunteers will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To sign up, please check the box next to each ceremony you would like to attend and click “Submit and Sign Up” at the bottom of the page. You do not need to create a SignUpGenius account.
- The mailing address you provide should be the mailing address to which you want the certificates for the ceremony mailed. The professional title should be your title at the university and how you want to be identified in a program at the high school.
- If you sign up for a ceremony and then need to cancel, please do not cancel through SignUpGenius but, instead, email Danielle Linsenbigler.
For more information or questions contact, Danielle Linsenbigler, Regional Recruiter for Admissions and Recruitment.