Free registration and attendance
Summer Policy Institute to Focus on Solutions to the Opioid Epidemic, Other Policies to Help West Virginia
Know an undergraduate or graduate student with a passion for public policy? The Summer Policy Institute is for them!
SPI connects future policy leaders with experts in an engaging three-day experience. SPI applications are being accepted thru May 15. This year's event will be held at Marshall University in Huntington, July 27 - 29.
We're pleased to announce the following confirmed SPI speakers:
- Susie Mullens, Director of Policy, WV Office of Drug Control Policy
- Alfgeir L. Kristjansson, Ph. D., WVU School of Public Health
- Susan Shepherd, Manager, Toronto Drug Strategy Secretariat, Toronto Public Health
- Bob Hansen, Director of Addiction Services for Marshall Health and the Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine
- Ted Boettner, Executive Director, WVCBP
- Sean O'Leary, Senior Policy Analyst, WVCBP
- Seth DiStefano, Policy Outreach Director, WVCBP
The West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy is a public policy research organization that is nonpartisan, nonprofit, and statewide. The Center focuses on how policy decisions affect all West Virginians, especially low- and moderate-income families.