Since 2004, the WVU ICRC has been at the forefront of injury control research, education and outreach. While our work has a national impact, we are committed to addressing the unique needs of the Appalachian region.
Who We Are
- Dedicated Staff/Faculty Members
- 420 Counties and 8 Independent Cities Impacted
- 125 Community Partners
- 8 Current Graduate Student Mentees/Interns
What We Do
The mission of the WVU ICRC is to reduce the burden of injury through innovative research, meaningful collaborations with community partners, engaging educational opportunities for students and professionals, and the dissemination of evidence-based practices.
Our vision is embodied by our I3 philosophy:
- Innovate: Develop and support novel approaches and solutions in research, outreach, and education.
- Inspire: Be a resource for change and hope in response to the challenges facing our communities.
- Impact: Position West Virginia as a national leader in health and wellness.
How We Can Help
- Novel, policy-relevant research
- Engaging, evidence-based information
- Building community capacity to implement injury prevention strategies